Savory Carrot Muffins makes 12 muffins
4 Tbsp olive oil (2 Tbsp for cooking carrots + 2 Tbsp for the dough)
2 1/2 cups carrots, grates
1 1/4 milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the grated carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are cooked through, for about 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure not to over-cook the carrots.
3. In the meantime, put the flour, baking powder, garlic, ground coriander and salt into a bowl. Mix to combine.
4. In a different bowl, add the eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir to combine. Add the cooked carrots and mix just until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
6. Spoon the dough into muffin pan, dividing evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out cleanly.