Raw Chocolate Zucchini Cheesecake
2 cups of walnuts
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup of almond meal
2 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid form)
Pinch of salt
4 cups of raw cashews
2 zucchinis, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid form)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
Blitz the walnuts in the food processor into a fine powder. Add in the remainder of the ingredients for the base and blend to combine. Line the base of the spring form tin with glad-wrap and press the mixture down into it in an even layer. Place in the freezer to set.
In the food processor, blend the cashews into they are a paste. Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend into a smooth batter. Pour the batter over the base of the cheesecake and smooth the top with a spatula. Set in the freezer for 6-8 hours. Serve garnished with fresh berries and edible flowers
Storage: This cake must be stored in the freezer until you are ready to eat it.
From The Macadames blog
Zucchini Cake with Ginger and Hazelnuts
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
⅓ cup orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 teaspoons peeled, grated ginger root
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups grated zucchini, extra liquid squeezed out
½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, orange juice, zest, ginger and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour and stir until just combined. Fold in the zucchini and hazelnuts.
4. Butter and flour a tube pan. Scrape the batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
Zucchini, Feta, and Cumin Dip
*serve as a dip for raw cucumber, carrot, or broccoli sticks, kohlrabi slices, or other favorite snacks
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, diced
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
2 cups plain yogurt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until aromatic. Set aside.
- Head the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt to taste, and saute over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the onion is tender and golden.
- Stir in the cumin, nutmeg, zucchini, and feta. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to a large glass bowl. Mix in the coriander, yogurt, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.